PDA

View Full Version : Purple on Purple

kostas nianiopoulos
10-11-2010, 06:29 AM
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/4415/purpleonpurple.jpg

the half BG has change with the pattern stamp tool , some flash spots has removed , clone tool , healing brush , crop about 5-10% ,levels , magic focus .

canon 50d
1/60 ( 430ex II on+difusser )
f 16
iso 200
EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L

thanks for watching

Dave Woeller
10-11-2010, 10:29 AM
Great color in this flower. Nice and sharp. The background really came out very nicely with your PP work. I might like to see this shot with the flower just a touch more to the left and possibly from a slightly higher angle. It's lovely as is, just thinking of other possibilities.

Roman Kurywczak
10-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Hey Kostas,
Nice job keeping all the pistels in the flower. Agree with Dave on exploring a higher angle too but this also works as presented. Shadows from flash are a bit noticable.....so poweing it down and perhaps using a reflector to open up the base a bit more would be something for you to try next time out. Overall I think you did a good job here.

Ken Childs
10-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey Kostas, you did a great job with the colors and the rework of the BG! I like this as presented but think a slight CW rotation might fit my tastes better along with a crop from the left so If you have the canvas, give it a try. Roman's suggestion on flash usage sound good.

Mike Moats
10-11-2010, 06:24 PM
Hey Kostas, I like it as is, good comp, like the colors and BG. Good details.

Steve Maxson
10-11-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi Kostas. This flower has an interesting shape and cool colors. Good sharpness throughout the flower and a nice background. The long leaf (?) on the right is almost like a finger pointing at something. You might consider adding some canvas on the right (and taking off a little on the left) to give it some room to point into. It may be my monitor, but I wonder if the whole image could be a little brighter? Overall, well done. :)

kostas nianiopoulos
10-14-2010, 09:39 AM
thank u all for the feedback :)