PDA

View Full Version : Fall colors from Quebec

Rene Quenneville
10-10-2010, 01:40 PM
Last sunday was my first time out with my camera in several months. I am in a very busy period of my life right now. I did spend a few mid-afternoon hours in the field a few miles from the house. It felt good to be out there. Please let me know your impression on the composition.

1/60s
f/13
iso 400
34mm
polarizer filter

curve applied in PS

Melissa Groo
10-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Beautiful image, Rene! Overall a great composition. Maybe if you had been a bit higher up you might have been able to avoid the merging of the fenceposts with the treeline. My eye also wants to linger on the bright strip of green, the trees, hills and sky--such gorgeous colors--but is competed for by the logs in front. I am curious to know what it would look like if those were less obvious, if they were maybe darkened a bit. Really pretty image overall.

Dave Mills
10-10-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi Rene, Glad to see you back! Melissa brought out some good points regarding the fence merge and the dominance of the logs. The colors are beautiful along with a good compositional division.(might want to select the sky and see if you could bring out a bit more detail using S/H). The image shows me your thinking about creating a balanced and workable comp.

Robert Amoruso
10-11-2010, 03:58 AM
The largeness of the cut log pile balances well with the peak so it does not bother me.

Roman Kurywczak
10-11-2010, 10:56 AM
Hey Rene,
Nice to have you back! I too feel the log pile balances very well with the mountain.......I like the light play also so this one works for me overall. Nicely done!

Rene Quenneville
10-11-2010, 07:30 PM
thank you all. It is a slow return for me. Great comments. I will see through my pictures if I have one with less logs.
There was a highway between the meadow and the mountain. This is why I went so low, thus creating an overlap of the fence with the trees.