PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Rumped Warbler

Myer Bornstein
10-10-2010, 09:21 AM
The Yellow-rumped warblers have returned from the north country in large numbers and all different plumages. Taken with D3s 500f4 + 1.4 TC 1/500@ f8 ISO 640. LR and PS adjusted. I could not get rid of the blue tinge on the breast twig on the left bottom cloned out and the right bottom twig cut down since it was hitting the tail

Scott Frye
10-10-2010, 10:24 AM
I like the pose and the perch. I would take out the stick at the lower right and wish for more light on the face.

Dave Leroy
10-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Lovely looking photo. I especially like the bg and the overall "painterly" feel of the photo.

I don't mind the blues on the breast as it appears to be in shadows with light from right.

My only suggestion for possible improvement would be to crop some from the left side into more of a vertical.

I like it a lot.

Bill Dix
10-10-2010, 03:22 PM
Lovely background and perch. Ditto Scott's comments about the stick at LR, and would have liked the light behind or a bit to your left, to get more even light with some on the face. These "yumpers" are passing through New Jersey in big numbers right now, and some will remain; I probably saw hundreds yesterday at Sandy Hook.

denise ippolito
10-12-2010, 08:47 AM
Myer, Nice pose and perch, I agree w/ the bottom stick removal. It looks like the white under the beak is bright-I might try to tone it down and lighten the face and eye a little. :)

Myer Bornstein
10-12-2010, 02:26 PM
Ok everyone took your advice here is the repost :)