PDA

View Full Version : Water lily

Jay Sheinfield
10-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Another Water Lily...............luv the flowers.

Clone out some background distractions. Some light balancing work, to pop the flower.

Nikon D3s
140mm (nikon 70-200 vr with t/c 2.0)
iso 800
1/50 @f/22

hand held

Comments welcome................

Dave Mills
10-10-2010, 10:11 AM
Hi Jay, Very pleasing image! Good positioning of the lily along with even lighting. The exposure and sharpness are well handled and I like the diagonal flow of the comp.
Finally, the black backround pops the subject matter and nicely cropped!!!

Rene Quenneville
10-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Wow, beatiful flower. I agree with Dave's comments. The color balance on the flower seems to have a blueish cast. You could select the flower in PS and warm it up a bit. At the same time you could try to raise the contrast on the flower (s-curve) in order to reveal the water drops more. Just an idea.

Jay Sheinfield
10-10-2010, 02:36 PM
yes it does seem to have a blue cast......................will try a re-post, thanks.

Ken Childs
10-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Jay, you've got a real beauty here and the repost takes it up a notch! When I first looked at the OP, I thought the black BG really showed off the light flower and that the stepping stone comp looked great but I found myself wishing that those water drops showed up a lot more. :D There is a blue cast to the flower but since I don't know what the flower really looks like, it looks fine to me.

Steve Maxson
10-11-2010, 11:01 AM
This is another beauty, Jay - well seen and executed. The repost really adds some pop to the flower and brings out those water drops. Well done.

Jay Sheinfield
10-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Thanks everyone..................the feedback on the water drops from Rene was excellent. Frankly, I took so many photos of these flowers with varying shades of color, I can't remember what the original looked like. I may go back to the raw file at some point.

Bob Miller
10-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Beautiful composition and colors...the repost is even better...really liked how you handled the bg and fg!:cheers: