PDA

View Full Version : Mendocino Morning

Chris Hansen
10-09-2010, 07:03 PM
A foggy morning in Mendocino County California. Created with a Canon 50d and a 100-400 IS lens @ 100mm. Camera was set at ISO 400 1/200th sec at f4.5. Aperature priority. Wish I switched to a smaller f stop. All C&C appreciated.

God bless,
chris

Rene Quenneville
10-09-2010, 09:09 PM
beautiful composition and exposure. great picture. the fog is just at the right place.

Melissa Groo
10-09-2010, 09:17 PM
I love all the different layers in this. It really pulls you in. Great depth. I think it would also work really well if you cropped just below the mountain tops, just for a different view.

Dave Mills
10-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Hi Chris, In this situation F4.5 worked(I do not recommend that for landscapes) due to the foreground trees being sharp and the mountain ridge line being sharp. You were probably a long distance away. I like how you composed the image with forgrnd,middle and backround. The middle ground grabs my interest the most due to being able to see through the fog. I might crop about half the sky since I wouldn't want it too dominant. I also think Melissa's crop suggestion has merit. All in all a dramatic moment well captured...

Robert Amoruso
10-10-2010, 08:28 AM
Chris,

This does work very well. THe clear FG trees and relatively clear BG line of mountains and sunrise with the middle ground of fog and valley adds great depth to the image. Melissa's crop suggest is right on too and gives you a totally new image, both of them great.

Thanks for posting and looking forward to seeing more of your work.

denise ippolito
10-10-2010, 09:13 AM
Chris, I like the layers and the fog. I think Melissa's idea gives the image a whole new look and it works well IMO either way. That says a lot for the base image. Beautiful work.

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey Chris,
Sorry....late to the party as I am still in the Tetons but now I have internet! I think you did well with the 100-400! Love the layers and colors and both comps would work for me just fine! I might run a round of sharpening on the FG tree tips.....but really a very nice image!