PDA

View Full Version : Green Bean

kostas nianiopoulos
10-08-2010, 06:03 PM
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/644/greenbean.jpg

full frame image , levels , healing tool , clean some little spot of flash and some hair , and clone tool . The Bg is a black pants of me .

canon 50d
1/60 ( ex 430 on+diffuser)
f16
iso 100
EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L .

thanks for watching .

Ken Childs
10-09-2010, 09:44 AM
Kostas, you came up with a very original idea here and did a great job of executing it! The DOF seems just right for the subject with a nice fade out into the BG. There are a few more flash highlights that could be toned down and it feels just a bit too centered for my tastes. Adding a sliver more canvas on the left and bottom might fix that.

For some reason I have an urge to watch the original War of the Worlds again. :)

Dave Mills
10-09-2010, 11:36 AM
Hi Kostas, Thats exactly what I thought of "War of the Worlds" when I saw this. Agree with Ken's comments but overall well handled!

Steve Maxson
10-09-2010, 02:50 PM
Hi Kostas. This is a very interesting concept and you handled it well. Good sharpness and DOF and the black background sets off the bean nicely. Although Ken suggested adding a bit on the left, I might suggest adding some on the right instead (it's all subjective :) ) because the OOF lower portion of the bean seems to be reaching out to just touch the frame on the right. Well done.

Julie Kenward
10-09-2010, 08:06 PM
What an interesting perspective on the bean, Kostas! Now I'm going to challenge you to do another one - another view - maybe from the side - so we can all see which one we like best. You didn't eat all the beans did you? ;)

Melissa Groo
10-09-2010, 09:32 PM
I really enjoyed this picture, Kostas. Great texture and clarity. Agree with Ken on suggestion to offcenter it a bit.

kostas nianiopoulos
10-11-2010, 06:21 AM
thank u for the feedback !!! :)

Chris Ober
10-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Cool pic and a fresh, different approach. I like the framing as is. Looks like you were at the business end of something laying eggs :)