PDA

View Full Version : Regent Bowerbird (Sericulus chrysocephalus) dorsolateral view male Matcham Valley NSW

Rod Warnock
10-08-2010, 10:47 AM
Regent Bowerbird (Sericulus chrysocephalus) dorsolateral view male Matcham Valley NSW
Canon EOS 40D Lens 100-400mm L IS USM at 235mm ISO 800 F 7.1 1/160 Canon Speedlite 580EX IIFlash 29 September 2010
Bowerbirds occur in both Australia and Papua-New Guinea, ten species in Papua-New Guinea, eight in Australia and two occur in both regions. The Regent Bowerbird occurs in eastern Australia from approximately Townsville in Queensland in the north to near Sydney in New South Wales and is arguably the most brilliant of the Australian species. For facts on this species see Birds in Backyards page at http://birdsinbackyards.net/species/Sericulus-chrysocephalus
Thank you for viewing
Best regards
Rod Warnock

Geoff Warnock
10-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Very nice Rod, and nice detail in the blacks. Do you have any where the perch in on a bit more of a diagional?

Chris van Rooyen
10-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Fantastic species wow. Great use of flash, lovely OOF background. Flash worked to perfection to bring the details out in the blacks

Bill Dix
10-08-2010, 02:41 PM
Spectacular bird; thanks for the info on the species. Dorsal view with head parallel to sensor gives great view of the plumage. Nicely exposed.

Rod Warnock
10-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Very nice Rod, and nice detail in the blacks. Do you have any where the perch in on a bit more of a diagional?
Geoff, often this species assume very attractive poses on vertical perches, here though the bird choose an atypical pose although showing the plumage to advantage. I use diagonal perches as well. So the answer is yes .
Best regards
Rod

Chantelle Voss
10-08-2010, 06:32 PM
Excellent photograph! The colors are spectacular, excellent contrast between the yellow and black on the head.

Chantelle Voss
10-08-2010, 07:57 PM
Wow, beautiful. I hardly was able to catch a glimpse of this bird when I was in Australia. Great pose, the bird almost looks stuffed :)

Geoff Warnock
10-09-2010, 04:33 AM
Geoff, often this species assume very attractive poses on vertical perches, here though the bird choose an atypical pose although showing the plumage to advantage. I use diagonal perches as well. So the answer is yes .
Best regards
Rod

Hi Rod, thanks for the extra info. It's a lovely photo either way!