PDA

View Full Version : Dreamy Snowy Blur

Kerry Perkins
10-08-2010, 01:40 AM
Ever have a dream where you feel like you are frozen in time while things go on around you at a frenetic pace? No? Well, I do, and I think this image has that feel. It is the result of playing around with flash and second curtain sync after the sun went down. I was panning very quickly to keep these snowies in the frame and the flash made an interesting capture. If you haven't tried this technique I highly recommend it. Lots of fun! Used Topaz Clean for a more interesting look.

Lance Peters
10-08-2010, 02:33 AM
hi Kerry - Cool will have to try this never thought to try with nature based subjects before :)
Like those branches!!

denise ippolito
10-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Kerry, I like the blurred look and the colors. What I love about this is the sketchy branches. The snowies of course are great. Nicely done.

Mark Fuge
10-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Nice image and application, Kerry.

Is that rememberance of the world spinning and your being stationary, caused by something that came out of the 60's! :2eyes2: :D Those were different days ...

Like the image. Like the effect on the birds feathers. Nice image. :cool:

Paul Lagasi
10-08-2010, 05:01 PM
Pretty wild work...I really like how the bottom left egret turned out.
The top one, I'm 50/50 on, let me explain why, I love the fine plumes on the head, the bill, extended legs and tail...but it seems like there's 2 birds bodies there, one in front an one behind. Hope you know what I mean but hey, thats just me.
Very dreamy image though. TFS

Judy Howle
10-08-2010, 09:25 PM
I've never seen an image using this technique. WOW, I love it! I like the look of Topaz Clean also. Great look all around!
Judy