PDA

View Full Version : Please.. Feed me SOON!!!!!!!

David Roach
03-11-2008, 07:49 PM
Waited all morning for some intimate parent chick images. Finally right near the end of the good light, mom flew into the nest. Created at that now famous nest at wako this past Sunday.

1DMKIIN 400 DO 2xtc ISO 400 F8@1/1000

REPOST per FABS suggestion.

Fabs Forns
03-11-2008, 09:06 PM
I take it this is Josephine and kid, since they are in the morning light :)
Wish you did not have the 2X on so get a full view of the pair. Chick is getting real big now, though the ones in the lesft will probably fledge before him.
If this were mine, I'd crop closer to concentrate on the faces.

Hope to meet you soon!

David Roach
03-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Yes, Fabs, it's funny I waited for an hour with the 1.4 on and nothing happened. I put on the 2x to get closer to the sitting chick. And then Mom flew in the action began. No time to change, so I went with the intimate closeups. THis couple has been good to me as an image I made early in the courtship (of them dancing) is a finalist in Nature Conservancy Nature Photo of the Year.

Fabs Forns
03-11-2008, 10:17 PM
David, I'll be there Thursday afternoon, with a student, Green Cay in the morning, can you be around and say hi?

Congratulations!!!!

David Roach
03-11-2008, 10:26 PM
Yep, I do like your suggestion better!!!! Would love to be there, but, gotta tend to my day job!!!! I ahve seen you around , usually with class.Next time I'll introduce myself!!! What about those STKs!! Any news?

Fabs Forns
03-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Nothing with STK yet :{ We saw a pair at Corkscrew last week-end.

Hope they come down soon.
We'll be with Artie next week, the ready for them! Will post in the South East Forum as soon as I hear :)

Your re-post is wonderful! Wish you had left the original and post the re as a reply so members can compare :)

David Roach
03-11-2008, 10:39 PM
OK, so I hate to admit I don't know how to post again in the thread. This is the reason I always edit the original.

Lance Warley
03-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Looking at it for the first time right now, I didn't realize until I read the whole thread that I'm seeing the repost, cause I was wondering - how could this get better?!!!

Big conngrats on the Photo of the Year achievement, Dave. They got it right.

David Roach
03-12-2008, 09:39 AM
Whoa, Lance!!! I'm a finalist (one of 25 out of 11,000 entries). Haven't anounced winner yet. But just to make the finals is cool with me. Also, they are considering the image for their next year calendar. So, how do I post a change within the thread?

Lance Warley
03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
25 out of 11,000 is a Yo!, not a Whoa :)

Anyway, the way I've posted changes is to enter whatever text I want into the Quick Reply meassage box and then click Go Advanced. Then click the Manage Attachments button that becomes visible when you scroll down, and finally Submit Reply.

That preserves the original and then shows the change(s) in the thread.

See you soon, Dave.

David Roach
03-12-2008, 10:21 AM
Duh!!!! I didn't realize the reply had a go advance. OK, I'll do it the correct way from now on!!! See you in the field, my friend, and keep those beauties coming!!!!