PDA

View Full Version : Advice for Costa Rica trip?

Dave Blinder
10-07-2010, 09:17 AM
I've never been to Costa Rica, but my girlfriend and I are thinking about heading there for a week this winter. Goals would be historic / general sight-seeing, beach going, and nature / wildlife viewing / photography. We would be departing from the NYC region.

If you've been there before, can you recommend airlines, a Costa Rican airport, lodging, or must see places?

Thanks!
Dave

Nancy Bell
10-10-2010, 09:23 AM
Your question covers a lot of ground. You might want to Google some of these topics to narrow down your options. I have been to Costa Rica twice and have found that no matter where I stayed it was lovely. My goal was bird watching and photography only.

Elizabeth Lodwick
10-11-2010, 10:40 PM
Since you are on this website I can assume you are interested in birds and wildlife. I can recommend two companies in Costa Rica, Costa Rica Gateways and Foto Verde Tours, they can advise about lodging, tours and transport. Costa Rica is wonderful, people, scenery and especially birds. Good luck. Elizabeth

Greg Basco
10-12-2010, 07:01 AM
Hi, Dave. Just saw this. I'm Greg, owner of Foto Verde Tours. (Thanks so much for the recommendation, Elizabeth:)). My company specializes in photography tours while Costa Rica Gateways (good people too) specializes in birding tours.

I've been redesigning the Foto Verde Tours website over the past month and though it's not quite finished, you're welcome to stop by and have a look. There's lots of good info there so hopefully it will give you some ideas about what a Costa Rica trip might look like. We're at www.fotoverdetours.com. (http://www.fotoverdetours.com)

Cheers from Costa Rica,
Greg Basco