taken in Masai Mara
5D , @24mm, ISO 200, 24-105mm, f/16
late evening

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Ken Watkins
10-07-2010, 03:54 AM
Harshad,

Is it still raining out of season everywhere in Africa?

Great mean and moody feel to this.

Robert Amoruso
10-07-2010, 06:42 AM
Very nice Harshad,

I like the moody feel and splash of light in the middle ground between the trees. I like that the trees are in shadow. The brighter pats of the clouds make a strong "V" shape towards the center of the image and where the light is brightest on the ground. Diagonals (the "V" shape) are always strong geometrical patterns to include in images to guide the eye. I believe that you include just enough of the FG to balance the image. Nice work. Good to see you here.

"Thanks for posting. I am looking forward to seeing more of your images. And if you have not done so, please lend a hand and tell our other forum participants what you think about their work. We are all here to learn and the more the merrier. Thanks for helping out.:cool:"

Melissa Groo
10-07-2010, 09:13 AM
Absolutely stunning and atmospheric image!

Dave Mills
10-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Hi Harshad, agree with comments above. When folks say lighting is everything this is a perfect example how dramatic lighting can radically effect an images impact.
The distant showers add to a dramatic sky and the band of light was captured at a perfect moment. Just enough light and detail in a pleasingly colored forground with good placement of the tree.
What more can I say other than good job!!

Jeffrey Sipress
10-07-2010, 07:11 PM
I like this exciting moment in time. Like a spotlight on a stage actor, this really catches your eye.

Hilary Hann
10-07-2010, 08:14 PM
This is beautiful Harshad, but it doesn't surprise me in the slightest that you had such beautiful, stormy and moody light. Something about the atmosphere over the eco-system there seems to deliver its' fair share of these dramatic skies. Love it.

Morkel Erasmus
10-08-2010, 06:35 AM
this is an excellent dramatic capture of a storm over Africa Harshad! you should venture into landscapes more :)

Chris Hansen
10-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Harshad, As always a beautiful image. Very well composed.

God bless,

chris

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2010, 12:54 PM
Hey Harshad,
Sorry....late to the party as I am still in the Tetons but now I have internet! Very nicely composed! I love the way the pano emphasizes everything in the scene. I would be tempted to tweak the FG.....just to bring up some grass texture......but overall very well done!