PDA

View Full Version : The long and winding road...

Jaime Johnson
10-06-2010, 08:08 PM
http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/
Been driving by this for a couple weeks on the way to work -
Stopped last night and finaly shot it!
Canon 1D Mark IV / Canon 16-35mm
http://jaimejohnson.zenfolio.com/img/s9/v14/p384462006-4.jpg

Dave Mills
10-06-2010, 08:26 PM
Hi Jaime, You created a nice mood of a quiet country road. Good leading line taking you through the image slightly offset. The top is well framed without too much sky peaking through causing a distraction.
I will ask that you let us know the camera specs so we can better understand how you took the image. The image is soft (which in this case appealing) but would like to know if this was planned,done in PS or the camera....

Jaime Johnson
10-06-2010, 08:32 PM
This was actually a 7 image HDR composite - I added the Orton effect in CS5.

Dave Mills
10-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Thanks Jaime,that explains the look.

Robert Amoruso
10-07-2010, 06:36 AM
Jamie,

I think your effect was well rewarded. Good composition as Dave mentioned and the HDR and Orton affect give it a dreamy look. The only thing that could be better is if that triangular patch of sky was not in the BG above the road - I would have preferred to seen trees there. I find it draws my eye off of the road prematurely. I am not suggesting you clone it over however. All in all this is a well thought out and pleasing image.

"Thanks for posting. I am looking forward to seeing more of your images. And if you have not done so, please lend a hand and tell our other forum participants what you think about their work. We are all here to learn and the more the merrier. Thanks for helping out.:cool:"

Morkel Erasmus
10-09-2010, 04:13 PM
love the golden colours and combination of HDR and Orton...makes me want to stroll down that path and never look back :)

Chris Hansen
10-09-2010, 07:15 PM
Jaime,

Great leading lines into the composition. I think the image might be even stronger if you moved even a little more to the left to include a few more rocks on the side of the road as an anchor. Just my thoughts on it. Great moody lighting!
God bless,

chris

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2010, 12:52 PM
Hey Jaime,
Sorry....late to the party as I am still in the Tetons but now I have internet! I really like the comp and orton look. I would play around with tweaking brighter some of the upper foilage to better balance with the road leaves.....not too much to lose the mood though! Overall a very well composed scene that was very well handled!