PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Fritillary

Allen Sparks
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Canon 7D, 300mm f4, 1.4x TC, monopod
ISO 400, f14, 1/320s, EC -1/3

Steve Maxson
10-06-2010, 10:21 AM
Hi Allen. This is a very nice specimen in a good pose and you nailed the focus on those wings. Love the bright colors and you have a pleasing background. I think this strong image would have been even better had the head been isolated against the green background instead of the orange petal (not an easy thing to control in the field) and you might try a little more sharpening on the eye. :) Well done.

Ken Childs
10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Hey Allen, this is a great pose and I really like the BG. I agree with Steve that it would have been nice if there was more separation between the butterfly and the flower. The bright colors of the flower look like nice but IMO, the butterfly is having competing with them so I might look at trying to tone them down just a bit. If you have the canvas, I think a bit more room on the bottom would help to bring the head closer to a ROT position. If not, it still looks good as is. The eye could use a bit of brightening and sharpening and me being me, I'd have a go at sharpening up that back antenna. :) Definitively a good capture that could be brought up with just a bit more PP.

OvidiuCavasdan
10-07-2010, 01:37 PM
Good comments above, very nice BF, I like the wings a lot, nice BG. Would have been nice a bit room at bottom.

Tom Redd
10-08-2010, 12:53 AM
beautiful colors, sharpness and detail. I agree, maybe a bit more canvas. Thank you for sharing.