PDA

View Full Version : Iinebriated American Robin

Dan Brown
10-05-2010, 07:09 PM
I captured this guy last week in Northern California. Originally I thought the bird was sick, as it sure looks sick! But the area was covered with ripe blackberries and after looking closely at the bill, I choose to believe he is just drunk and let me crawl very close! Cropped about 15% and PP'ed with NX2 and CS3, NR and sharpening with Noiseware Pro. I cloned out a couple pieces of straw along the bottom edge and URC areas. I left the fly for added interest:p. C&C welcome.

Camera Model: NIKON D300, handheld
Shutter speed: 1/750 sec
Aperture: 8
Exposure mode: Manual
Flash: Optional,AA
Metering mode: Center-weighted average
ISO: 1600
Lens: 80-400mm f/4.5-5.6
Focal length: 400mm
Focal length: 600mm (in 35mm film)
VR Image Stabilization: On
AF mode: AF-C

Alan Murphy
10-05-2010, 08:24 PM
Looks like his eye is jacked up. Nice detail and the mosquito adds a nice story. I would tone down the midtones a bit.

Richard Stern
10-05-2010, 08:31 PM
Very sharp with good feather detail, but what's with all that white feathering around the half-closed eye, and even allowing for difference in plumage and lighting, I can't recall ever seeing a Robin with such a pale head and nape. It looks sick rather than drunk to me. I agreee that the fly is a nice touch.

Richard

Dan Brown
10-05-2010, 08:54 PM
Very sharp with good feather detail, but what's with all that white feathering around the half-closed eye, and even allowing for difference in plumage and lighting, I can't recall ever seeing a Robin with such a pale head and nape. It looks sick rather than drunk to me. I agreee that the fly is a nice touch.

Richard
You may be right Richard! I don't know. Here's a shot of the bird with it's eye open, I have seen the white around the eyes before on this species but never seen one with the eyes closed!