PDA

View Full Version : Hibiscus top

kostas nianiopoulos
10-05-2010, 02:12 PM
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/6610/hibiscustop.jpg

crop , levels , topaz denoise .

manual focus from live view with zoom .
canon 50d , f16 , 1/200 , iso 400 , EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L .

thanks for watching .

Dave Mills
10-05-2010, 06:28 PM
Hi Kostas, The red area is very sharp but the rest of the image is oof and extremely busy. With an evenly colored backround the image might have presented better but the white area becomes a distracting element....

Jeff Parker
10-06-2010, 09:16 AM
It's kind of abstract, but I agree that the white area is distracting.

Ken Childs
10-06-2010, 09:23 AM
Hey Kostas, I think this subject has potential but in this case, I have to agree with the previous comments. IMO, this is the sort of subject that either needs a lot more or a lot less DOF and an even BG. I would probably prefer the 'lot less' option but if you want to try for more DOF, this would be a good thing to try focus stacking on. :)

Steve Maxson
10-06-2010, 09:58 AM
Hi Kostas. You have good sharpness in the red areas at the front of the image, but as Dave noted, the rest of the image is very busy. I think the image would be stronger if you could have positioned the camera such that you had an even-toned background throughout (maybe this was not possible) and I like Ken's idea of trying focus stacking with this subject. IMO, the current image could be improved by cropping from the right to eliminate some of the OOF elements - as I look at the image on my monitor, I'm thinking a crop of about 4 cm would do it. :)