stuart wanuck
10-03-2010, 02:18 PM
nikon d300 iso 400
m 1/1250@7
300 mm nikon lens
perhaps to centered?

Ben_Sadd
10-03-2010, 02:29 PM
The details in the bird look good and I think the exposure is good. I think the HA is good. With the bird's body angled away, the head turn back is good. I agree that the bird is too centered. Moving it back in the frame would certainly help the composition. I wonder if you could tone down the underside of the leaf behind the bird's head, as i find it distracting.

Art Kornienko
10-03-2010, 03:28 PM
I don't mind the centering at all. It seems the bg is a bit distracting and not sure about the detail in the green heron, looks a bit washed out?

Nick Palmieri
10-03-2010, 04:29 PM
It seems these Green herons are always in a busy BG place. The exposure and sharpness on the bird looks good. I am thinking a very tight crop around the bird, in this case, would strengthen this a bit. Very nice capture!

Brian Grant
10-03-2010, 04:31 PM
I don't mind the centering but, there is not a lot going on in the background other than big green leaves. I do like to have some of the environment in the picture to put the bird in context.

Marina Scarr
10-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Lovely heron you have here with a nice pose and angle. Agree on placing him a bit more left. I think your bird could use a little more contrast and a tad more sharpening, esp in the head.

Nicely done!

Bruce Miller
10-04-2010, 01:49 PM
The details in the bird look good and I think the exposure is good. I think the HA is good. With the bird's body angled away, the head turn back is good. I agree that the bird is too centered. Moving it back in the frame would certainly help the composition. I wonder if you could tone down the underside of the leaf behind the bird's head, as i find it distracting.

What is "HA"?

Ben_Sadd
10-04-2010, 03:29 PM
Hi Bruce,

HA = head angle

There is a list of common acronyms here:

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php?12681-Acronym-List