View Full Version : Malakite king fisher

Giovanni Frescura
10-02-2010, 04:47 PM
Canon 7D
Canon 300 f.2,8 + extender 1x4
iso 640
1/400
f.9

I used better beamer...but could be too much...

Paul Lagasi
10-02-2010, 07:22 PM
Hi Giova..non penso che e troppo, li colori sonno belli, unico problema el anglo della testa...:o..spero che e scritto bene.
I don't think the light from the better beamer is too much, really nice colors, sharpness on this Kingfisher, only thing I think would be better is a slight head turn to the front, just a bit though...well done

christopher galeski
10-03-2010, 04:13 AM
agree with comments from Paul,and I would lighten the eye a bit.thanks.

Sidharth Kodikal
10-03-2010, 09:15 AM
What a colorful fella. Nice, prickly perch too. Agree with the comments above about the flash and the HA. On the flip side, those beautiful little feathers on the head are visible because of the HA.
It looks like there's a steel eye from the flash. I would also try to clean up the bg a bit.
Wonderfully sharp. Is this full frame?

Daniel Cadieux
10-03-2010, 09:35 AM
This is one of your better ones so far IMO. The flash does look a little strong (steel-eye effect and lack of any type of shadow on the perch around the feet), and yes a better HA would have mede this better. I do prefer this HA than when it is just slightly off though - at least it looks like something has its attention rather than a missed portrait. Some bright parts in the BG are distracting.

P.S. Lovely perch!

Giovanni Frescura
10-03-2010, 12:59 PM
this is better ?