PDA

View Full Version : The Mary D

Bill Randall
10-02-2010, 12:17 PM
The Mary D in her final resting place on the Rouge River. She provided nearly a century of service from Alaska to the Oregon coast before put to rest in the late 1970's.
Iso=3200, 1/10 sec, f/11 28mm. Used noise ninja to reduce noise, used noise brush to restore boat

Bill Randall
10-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Forgot: ISO 3200, f/11, 24-70mm at 28mm, 1/10 sec. Used noise ninja to reduce noise and noise brush on the boat.
Iso=3200, 1/10 second f/11 23mm. Used noise ninja to reduce noise and noise brush to restore boat details.

pat lillich
10-02-2010, 01:20 PM
Bill, this is exquisite. Is this late in the evening, and that is why the high ISO? Do you think the richness of the colors are from that? I almost wish the buildings along the far shore, with the lights, weren't there - the boat and the bridge are so beautiful together.
beautiful.

Julie Kenward
10-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I also like this! You did a very good job of putting the boat and bridge in the frame together. If you hadn't been so careful, you probably would have intersected the horizon line with the boat - this way you have two distinct areas that are very relateable together.

As for the blue tint to the image...I get that this is probably a late evening image and, if so, then I would look at deepening the blue tint a bit more. As it is, it just feels like a very heavy color cast. With a blue photo filter or a hue/saturation adjustment I think this could be even stronger and show even more depth.

John Chardine
10-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Yes I like this too Bill. Very tranquil. There's almost an HDR feel about the image. I like the layout and the diagonals leading your eye. I would have probably cloned out the thingy extreme BR.