PDA

View Full Version : serval blur

Loong-Tat Wong
10-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Hi
Sharing a panning shot of a serval running for its life from a pursuing lion! Your C and Cs please! Thanks for viewing!

Image details:1Dm4 fl 600mm f5.6 1/40 ISO 800 EV+0.67 beanbag cropped

Ken Watkins
10-02-2010, 10:16 AM
Firstly I hope it got away!

It is very rare to see a Serval in daylight , trust the Lion to spoil your sighting:(

Very interesting shot but I must confess that I would have preferred a normal picture, but judging by your settings, it was allready pretty dark.

Where did you take this?

Loong-Tat Wong
10-02-2010, 10:30 AM
Hi Ken
Thanks for your comments. It was about 6 pm in the Mara when we took this shot. He was moving way too fast for a sharp image given the failing light so went for a panning one instead. He survived this encounter despite being ambushed by yet another lion some distance away. (P)lucky little fella!:)

Hilary Hann
10-02-2010, 04:27 PM
I like this very much and find it good to see something a little different. It shows the urgency of the situation well. It is always good to see a photographer using a difficult situation to his advantage. I'd probably have said "too hard" and left it. Well done.

Marina Scarr
10-02-2010, 04:33 PM
The moment I saw this capture in the thumbnail, I already knew I was going to love it. Seeing something different from the norm makes me smile. This capture tells a story. The motion generated by this pan is awesome. His hind leg almost looks as though it's turning. The BG is quite pleasing with your subject as well. Congrats on working well in a touch situation.

Sid Garige
10-02-2010, 09:30 PM
Very well executed Loong. Very artistic.

Morkel Erasmus
10-03-2010, 04:34 PM
to even see a lion chasing a serval makes me green...nicely executed. I do wish the head was the sharpest part of the serval :)

Andrew Aveley
10-04-2010, 01:44 PM
really creative image. Artistic work. Cant really offer any technical comments as Artistic in my view speaks for itself.