PDA

View Full Version : immature white-tailed kite in flight with vole

Phil Seu
10-02-2010, 09:46 AM
d300, 600vr, f/6.3, 1/1600, iso400, manual exposure

Randy Stout
10-02-2010, 09:51 AM
Phil:

The light here is really nice with good illumination of both wings, excellent eye contact, vole looks like he is just along for the ride, but I suspect the ride didn't end well for him. Nice angle in frame, separation of head from wing.

Nice background. Might be tempted to very lightly lower the luminosity of the tans in the RLC.

Really nice. Congrats!

Randy

A_Maddah
10-02-2010, 10:27 AM
Hi Phil
Lovely shot.All Good.Congrats.

Asad

Steve Zamek
10-02-2010, 10:59 AM
This is a beauty, Phil. The light, background, wing position are all spot-on. The vole is a nice bonus. Great that you're able to see the eye of the vole, but the little guy, as mentioned above, does not look distressed at all. Next time be sure to get the vole with the more distressed expression.;)

Michael Hogan
10-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Phil,

Love this shot. The lighting is realy nice and the pose and HA and eye contact are good - you even have eye contact with the vole

TFS

Michael

Rob Miner
10-02-2010, 02:00 PM
Phil, You shoot many great shots of Hawks, Harriers , etc - mostly flying. Your contribution (post 172) has the best placement of the pictures subject, relative to the frame. Try more and different placements of the subject. I think you are getting close to your signature.
I use a practice of printing several different crops (placements of pictures object) and putting them on a wall together. After a period of time one will stand out to you. Just trying to be helpful.

Rob...............

Marina Scarr
10-02-2010, 02:04 PM
Stunning capture, and the vole is a huge plus. Your EXP, sharpness and BG are all great. The only thing I would change here is the crop. I don't think it makes your subject POP out of the frame the way another crop might. I would suggest trying a few, one being some off the right to take the bird a little more off center.

Alan Murphy
10-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Phil, I'm sick of looking at your Kite portfolio :-)

I'd love to have any of your Kite images. This is another killer image. The Vole and BG put this one over the top.

Paul Lagasi
10-02-2010, 07:37 PM
Nice image of this lovely raptor, background rocks, vole a plus...well done

Sidharth Kodikal
10-03-2010, 09:26 AM
Hi Phil, this would be an awesome shot with the bird alone.
But with the vole (with his very own catchlight, no less) along for the ride, this one is phenomenal.
Congrats!

Bill Dix
10-03-2010, 03:55 PM
A super image -- great wing position, double eye contact, sharpness, exposure and lovely background. I personally have no problem with the crop; love it just as presented.

Arthur Morris
10-28-2010, 07:36 PM
Yes to stunning. The vole looks like a catfish at first glance :)