10-02-2010, 08:02 AM
Nikon D-300
1/200 f8
ISO 800
180 Macro
Comments welcome!

Ken Childs
10-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Bob, I really like the colors and flow to this one! There are a couple of overly bright spots in the yellow that need to be toned down and I think a rotation or crop or both that had the yellow stripe ending nearer the ULC would help take this one up a notch. :)

Steve Maxson
10-02-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi Bob. Lots of nice diagonals going on here and I like the idea of what you're trying to do. Ken has some good suggestions that you might consider. The blown spots in the yellows really draw my eye and suggest that the sunlight was very bright on the upper side of the frond. You might try this again in softer light to see if that makes a difference. :)

Julie Kenward
10-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Nice diagonals and I love that we get such a sense of texture from this! I do think turning the leaf or the camera a bit more with that stem running to the ULC as Ken suggested would have taken this up another notch. Definitely see if you can tone down those bright spots - they might be backlit but they are blown pretty bad and leave you with no detail at all in those pixels.

Overall, I think you did a good job, just need a slight twist and an exposure adjustment!