PDA

View Full Version : Cherry blossom 2

Grahame Hamblin
10-02-2010, 05:02 AM
Had to agree about previous image Your comments helped. This one D300 f22 100 macro taken against white background with a little flash on it top lighting fluro Then played with glamor glow in Nik software then vignette Sharpened slightly Quite like now all comments welcome to help my learning curve
Grahame

Jay Sheinfield
10-02-2010, 05:46 AM
Hi Grahame,

You have yourself the making of real winner here. Great soft colors where the BG hue compliments the blossom well. Beautiful BG. Nice comp, well placed in the frame just slightly off center to add interest. I even like the solo blossom in the LLC. Nice and sharp, everywhere! Great DOF :) A definate step up from the previous posted image. On this one, I might re-consider the Glamour Glow as the highlights on the blossoms favor the side and rear rather than the front, giving it somewhat of a back-lit appearance. Glow has a tendency to really pop the bright white areas. Rather, I would brighten the front blossoms and tone down (just a hair) the side and rear brighter blossoms for a more even lighting appearance over all the blossoms. Sounds like you are using NX2 for PP, just several U-point selections with Brightness/Contrast adjustments should do the trick. Or Shadows/Highlights in PS. With that, this image will shine! Well done!

Steve Maxson
10-02-2010, 10:47 AM
Hi Grahame. I think Jay has pretty well nailed the critique. I haven't used Nik software so I can't help you on that front. This is clearly an improvement from your previous post. I like the soft colors, the diagonal comp, and the background. Your DOF is much better here. The one thing I would add to what Jay said is that there is some darker texture in the background in the ULC that draws my eye away from your flowers and I would suggest using a clone stamp, or equivalent, at low to moderate opacity to blend those areas into the background. Well done.

Julie Kenward
10-02-2010, 06:33 PM
Jay and Steve took the words right out of my mouth but you DO have a really outstanding image here - just need to make those few corrections and this one will be ready to print and frame.

kostas nianiopoulos
10-03-2010, 12:22 PM
sweet image with warm colours well done !!!

Grahame Hamblin
10-06-2010, 02:17 AM
Thanks everyone i have tweaked it and love it Your comments really do help thanks