PDA

View Full Version : Another blue flower

Jay Sheinfield
10-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Didn't get the name of this one, but it was mixed in with the Morning flowers.
I cloned everything in BG, a few leaves, to get rid of the distractions, Difficult iridescent blue to deal with.

Cropped for comp.

Nikon D3s
1 sec @ f/32
85mm
ISO 400
tripod, no flash

Light was early morning............all indirect skylight.

Comments always welcome.

OvidiuCavasdan
10-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Beautiful flower, amazing colors, I like the composition and also like the leaf. Nice one!

Dave Mills
10-01-2010, 02:03 PM
Hi Jay, Sharp where it needs to be along with vibrant colors that are very pleasing. I also like the inclusion of the leaf which acts as a base. Good detail and even lighting!
I generally like images that aren't real tight and would have liked to have seen more room in front of the flower otherwise...nice one!

Jay Sheinfield
10-01-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Dave,

Thanks, yup, sometimes I get just a bit too close. I did have just a bit of canvass left.................

Kaushik Balakumar
10-01-2010, 02:27 PM
Simple and neat composition, Jay. Neatly exposed frame - loved those colours.
Nice job on PP too.
Liked the repost with tad more room.

Dave Mills
10-01-2010, 03:42 PM
Good job Jay!!

Cheryl Flory
10-01-2010, 05:06 PM
great image, especially like the grains of pollen.
how did you manage to get such a great blue color?

Jay Sheinfield
10-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi Cheryl,

Thanks for the kind words...............Nature provided the basic color, I just did some selective color work in PS and balanced the blacks and blues to taste. There was also a bunch of purple in the color which I balanced in the same manner. It was a bit tricky between the blues and purples.
My first attempt at simple curves on the color didn't work to my taste.

Bob Miller
10-01-2010, 05:32 PM
Hi Jay...This is one gorgeous flower! If you could ID it, I would love to know its name. I especially like the light edge that outlines the flower. Your composition is great. I would add some canvas to the LHS...easy to do!

Steve Maxson
10-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Hi Jay. Beautiful colors, nice sharpness and DOF, and I like the flow of the central petal into the frame as well as the leaf. On the other hand, the comp strikes me as just a bit off due to the clipping of the petal in the URC. You might consider cropping from the top just far enough to eliminate the light edge of that petal. :)

Jay Sheinfield
10-02-2010, 06:48 PM
Thanks to all for the feedback................looks like a couple of fine tuning points to work on.

Jay

Roman Kurywczak
10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
What Steve said......yeah.....makes a square comp......but I like it better w/o the black up top too! Sweet job on the colors!