PDA

View Full Version : spring

Grahame Hamblin
10-01-2010, 04:55 AM
D300 100mm macro played a bit but does not feel right please comment

Jay Sheinfield
10-01-2010, 07:21 AM
Hi Grahame.......

Looks overexposed to me so you've lost some detail and color. Also would have liked a bit more DOF to bring the upper right flowers into focus. If you would provide camera settings it might help us give you more useful feedback.
If you have the original RAW file you might look at toning the image down. Check you histogram to be sure..........I can see what you had in mind, and I do like the positioning of the group in the frame.

Dave Mills
10-01-2010, 09:43 AM
Hi Grahame, Beautiful colors and nice subject.
Agree with Jay regarding the softness of half the flowers. Important to know what F stop you shot this at since you needed more DOF. As stated I would like to see more detail in some of the lighter areas.
I also like to see some sort of anchor(stem) when viewing images like this rather than see them float in the frame...

Kaushik Balakumar
10-01-2010, 02:33 PM
Nice looking flowers. Might wish for more DOF; few regions in the petals seem washed off.
The lighting looks a bit uneven in terms of colour balance.

Steve Maxson
10-01-2010, 04:04 PM
Hi Grahame. There are some good comments above with which I would concur - so I won't repeat. I would ask, however, that in future posts, that you please include more information about camera settings and any PP you have done. That will help us give you more meaningful comments on your images. :)

Ken Childs
10-01-2010, 06:42 PM
Hey Grahame, the comp and subject look like good ones but I have to agree with the comments already made.