PDA

View Full Version : Great Tit

Jonathan Ashton
09-30-2010, 10:55 AM
Bean bag Canon 7D Canon 100-400L IS @ 320mm ISO 250 -0.67 1/1250 sec f8

Another shot from the garden hide, I did consider muting the reflection in the leaves but I decided it was OK

Manos Papadomanolakis
09-30-2010, 11:06 AM
one of your best Jon...beautiful perch,bg,pose...wish for a bit more head turn,but still a great image!

Jonathan Ashton
09-30-2010, 12:04 PM
Thanks Manos, I took several images but none with the little head turn... but there is a little action to follow!!

Bill Jobes
09-30-2010, 12:05 PM
This is beautiful, Jonathan. The variety in the perch materials add a lot of interest.

I agree with Manos that a HA slight turn would be a bonus, but I have no problem at all appreciating the image just as it is.

While I find the muted colors appealing, I can't help but wonder how the photo would present if it were a little brighter. This isn't a criticism, as I respect and appreciate the individuality inherent in artistic interpretation.

Steve Zamek
09-30-2010, 12:16 PM
The background a perch are really nice here. Great job on DOF -- getting the leaves and flower in clear focus. I also would have preferred a better head angle, but still a lovely shot.

Grace Scalzo
09-30-2010, 02:05 PM
Those shiny leaves are nice, I find the bird to be dark and that catchlight looks odd, almost rectangle? The background is a nice shade and very even.

Willem Verboom
09-30-2010, 04:54 PM
This is a nice one. Head turn could be better but I like this one too. Great sharpness

Willem

Daniel Cadieux
09-30-2010, 07:22 PM
The overall image design is nice with a beautiful perch and complementary BG. The HA is unfortunate as all the other ingredients were there. If your Tits behave like our Chickadees in readily coming in for food, then placing some black sunflower seeds directly beneath the perch (and a couple of inches more towards you) would attract them on it again...and with their heads angled towards the camera;)

Jonathan Ashton
10-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Hi Dan, yes the Tits are similar to Chickadees, the black sunflower seeds were placed exactly as you described, trouble is not all Tits read the book!!

Wayne Richardson
10-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Hi Jonathan

You may be interested know that the 'crisp' colours & the blue tones to the back of this bird are indicative of the nominate race from the continent. Our UK Coal Tits are rather drab by comparison!

Cheers: Wayne