kostas nianiopoulos
09-28-2010, 05:43 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/35/ballsofwater.jpg

crop , levels , topaz denoise .

canon 50d , f2,8 , 1/60 iso 1250 . EF USM IS 100MM MACRO L ,

thanks for watching .

Dave Mills
09-28-2010, 06:52 PM
Hi Kostas, very creative! I like the symetry of the droplets and the detail you see in them.
A few things...I would like to see the bright areas behind the droplets toned down a bit and compositionally I like the diagonal of the leaf but I might have tried to position the droplets so I had more room in front of them than behind. Interesting image...

Mike Moats
09-28-2010, 08:11 PM
Hey Kostas, It have a very unique look. I like the arrangement. I only wish the two near the top left corner were as focused as the rest. Light thru the drops is very cool.

Julie Kenward
09-28-2010, 11:57 PM
I agree with the other comments - toning down the bright spots would be a big help. I love the diagonal line and the placement of the beads within the frame. Getting them all crystal clear is the only thing to take this up another notch. Nice work, Kostas!

Jay Sheinfield
09-29-2010, 03:02 AM
I agree with the comments above........................Looking at your camera settings, perhaps more DOF with slower SS would have gotten the water drops more in focus. Where you hand holding? Another option, might have been to lower your angle and just focus on the near drops
and let the rest go OOF if you wanted to keep f2.8. Just some thoughts..............very original!

kostas nianiopoulos
09-29-2010, 03:50 AM
thank u for the replys the opinions and the help . The thing is that i don't have a tripod , as my old one is broken so many times i have to use a hi iso and i look for the hi speed . if i had the tripod it will be not the same , this leave is a large one i was in the air with a chair to get the image u are right abouyt what u say , and it service right to happens this , and the tripod is broken after a only a year use . It was cheap one , so no more cheap tripods ..
Thanks again .

Ken Childs
09-29-2010, 06:56 AM
Kostas, the comp looks great!
I agree with the other assessments that having all of those drops in focus is all that would be needed to take this one over the top!

Steve Maxson
09-29-2010, 10:24 AM
Very cool, Kostas! I like the dual diagonal comp of the leaf veins and the row of water drops. All the "stuff" inside the droplets almost makes them look like spherical single-celled organisms. :) I would agree with Dave about trying to tone down the bright areas behind the droplets as they tend to draw my eye away from the strongest parts of your image.

Bob Miller
09-29-2010, 01:13 PM
Hi Kostas....A really unique image.....to tone down the bright spots you might try cloning

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2010, 02:18 PM
Hey Kostas,
Still in the Tetons so a little late to the party! A little clean up as suggested above will go a long way! Nice thinking and eye on this one!