PDA

View Full Version : Maroon Bells

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
Just got back from a trip to Aspen. Although I had seen may pictures of this place, seeing it in person was something else. I had seen so many wide-angle shots of this place, that I had no idea how close they are( to the parking lot) and massive/majestic they look. I recollect having the same feeling at Moraine lake in Banff few yrs. back.

40D. 17-40L at 40mm. f/8. iso 250. 1/500s.

Thx for looking and critiqueing.

Dave Mills
09-28-2010, 04:49 PM
Hi Kaustubh, I've been to Maroon Bells twice and you caught the color at almost peak.
I like the comp which is a tighter version of what I've normally seen. I also like how you layered the views but would give it a little bit more water.
I might give the image a contrast adj to add a bit more depth.
Finally, I would of preferred warmer light(which is early) but part of the base of the lit area would of been shaded...

Dave Blinder
09-30-2010, 11:54 AM
Kaustubh - Nice exposure, and I like the vivid blue sky and of course the yellows in the valley. I might have tried a version at f/10 as well.

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-30-2010, 01:32 PM
Thx a lot.

Roman Kurywczak
10-10-2010, 11:59 AM
Hey Kaustubh,
Sorry....late to the party as I am still in the Tetons but now I have internet! Agree you could have sacrificed some SS for more DOF......and with the tweaks that Dave mentioned. Just some things to kep in mind for next time but all in all.....still nicely composed.