PDA

View Full Version : Simply sparrow

Horacio Scotti
09-28-2010, 12:02 PM
I am a bit embarassed because is a too common bird and I know I am not a great birds photographer... but I think is not a bad photo and he is a very beautiful bird... let me know what do you think. Thanks for C&C.

Horacio
Italy

Canon 40d - Sigma 120-400. slightly cropped.

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x128/marplanauta_bucket/IMG_9843apple800.jpg

Nicki Gwynn Jones
09-28-2010, 01:40 PM
Hi Horatio,
Please do not be embarassed - this is a beautiful and unusual view of this little bird. As for common, I hardly see them any more here in the UK...
I love this very artistic image for the soft tones. the pretty pose and the composition. Some might prefer that the tip of the tail not be obscured but it is not a problem for me.
Nicki

Scott Frye
09-28-2010, 03:31 PM
I like the background and would be tempted to take some off the right side as there is nothing there to add to the picture

Ben_Sadd
09-28-2010, 04:09 PM
Hi Horacio,

I really like the soft tones of this image. I personally would not crop more, because I like the way the stone falls down to the right-hand side. While common, definitely a nice bird to photograph.

Randy Stout
09-28-2010, 06:31 PM
Horacio:

Never hesitate to post a picture of a "common bird".

This one is well done, with very nice lighting, I like the blue tones in the perch and background.

From a cropping standpoint. I like the original crop, but do appreciate Scott's point as well. Often when the birds gaze is so strongly aimed in one direction, the canvas in the other direction doesn't add a lot. I do think here however, that the leading line created by the curve to the right, is a plus.

Cheers.

Randy

Paul Lagasi
09-28-2010, 06:48 PM
I think as photographers, we sometimes forget just how nice these sparrows are. In North America its getting tougher and tougher to find these little guys, they used to be everywhere.
..."molto bella photo".. just me I'd probably darken it a bit...TFS

Thanaboon Jearkjirm
09-28-2010, 08:01 PM
I think sparrow is a cute bird to look at and I don't mind that they are common.
Love the details and the smooth background you have here, showing the tip of the tail would be better but I still like this as it is. Nicely done.

Chantelle Voss
09-28-2010, 08:27 PM
I think we forget that these birds are still native in Europe! I think this is a beautiful bird and I actually really like that he doesn't have a very prominent bib.