PDA

View Full Version : Autumn's arrival

Roman Kurywczak
09-28-2010, 10:05 AM
Went out shooting with Nick Palmieri this weekend at his place up in the Adirondack mountains.....overcast most of the time....so great for waterfalls. Only home till tomorrow morning and then head out for more fun in Yellowstone. Haven't posted in a while so figured I'd post one as fall is arriving here in the NE states and I will be chasing it out in Yellowstone as well as when I return here to NJ......my favorite time of year.
Canon 1D Mark lll with the 17-40mm lens at 17mm for 0.4 sec. at f22 and ISO 640.....alll tripod mounted w/ bubble level in HS......leaning over cliff. I used cloudy WB for this conversion and saved at 63 quality to fit.

Will comment upon my return in a few weeks so help Dave and Robert by leaving comments for others!!!

Dave Mills
09-28-2010, 10:36 AM
Hi Roman, I like the comp very much with good detail in the water and your angle of view.
The little colored bush on the left helps to give the image some foreground interest.
I noticed a color cast throughout the image and not sure if it's due to the WB adj or PP.
Nicely done!

Roman Kurywczak
09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Hey Dave,
Looks more natural......will just go back and redo it with my original setting....Auto WB next time!

Andrew McLachlan
09-28-2010, 04:00 PM
Hi Roman,

Nice shot. I love shooting this kinda stuff. Our fall colors will be peaking next week here in central Ontario. Booked off from day job next week to shoot the colors.

Kaustubh Deshpande
09-28-2010, 04:17 PM
Roman, this is terrific. Steady rocks and flowing water is a great combo. The wide angle perspective combined with SS is really helping in conveying the speed of the water.

Jeffrey Sipress
09-28-2010, 04:22 PM
Wonderful little canyon and full of energy. I think both versions posted show a cast, as the breaking water should be whiter, unless it's tinted water.

Dave Mills
09-29-2010, 03:35 PM
Jeffrey,I was told the water had a brownish tinge to it