PDA

View Full Version : Hint of Fall

Mary Stamper
03-11-2008, 07:44 AM
The first colors of fall were just starting to show when I took this. I like the way the leaf emerges from the background. I like rich colorful backgrounds, that to me, are as important as the subject. Or perhaps the background IS the subject. The rest is just there to give relief from the intense colors of the background.

D2x
60mm macro lens plus pk-13 extension tube

Robert O'Toole
03-11-2008, 09:19 AM
The soft BG colors and the curves and the shape of the subject are very pleasing.

I would have cropped to give the subject more space and at the same time to show more BG.

Robert

Harold Davis
03-11-2008, 06:16 PM
i agree with robert on this one. if you could add some more of that beautiful bg it would be great!

Mary Stamper
03-11-2008, 08:04 PM
I didn't have much "wiggle" room in the upper left hand corner. Here's an alternative in which I liked the leaf placement a little better. Also shallower DOF. Colors not as intense though. Not sure which I like better.

Robert O'Toole
03-11-2008, 08:12 PM
I didn't have much "wiggle" room in the upper left hand corner. Here's an alternative in which I liked the leaf placement a little better. Also shallower DOF. Colors not as intense though. Not sure which I like better.

Hi Mary,

I prefer the second one. :)

Robert

Harold Davis
03-12-2008, 03:09 PM
the second one is super. big difference!

Mike Moats
03-13-2008, 04:09 PM
Hey Mary, the second on works better. Well done.