PDA

View Full Version : Pebble Run

Steve Adkins
09-27-2010, 08:09 PM
Camouflage ?? :o – Maybe only that it reminded me of a Bateman print which shows/hides a Killdeer on gravel next to RR tracks.
These two shore birds (name??) where searching for a little breakfast along Lake Superior North Shore.
They were quite tame and stayed in range of my 24-70mm. :)
Used Topaz Simplify – Cartoon, Vivenza 2 and LR adj/crop.
All C&C welcome.

Andrew McLachlan
09-27-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi Steve,

Nice one!

Paul Lagasi
09-27-2010, 10:07 PM
Steve over the years of bird watching its amazing how these little birds can disappear in the rocks...well done

Kerry Perkins
09-28-2010, 12:52 AM
Steve, this is a great shot and an excellent example of "hide in plain sight". It took me a few seconds to find the bird on the left! :cool:

Arthur Morris
09-28-2010, 07:09 AM
I love it an agree with the Bateman assessment. I brought it into PS to lighten it a bit and noted that the left-most bird was a bit too lost in the rocks for me so I came up with a slightly lighter cropped re-post. I believe that the birds are worn juvenile Semipalmated Sandpipers.

denise ippolito
09-28-2010, 10:25 AM
Steve, Great suggestion by Artie. I like the original comp . also . This really fits the theme well. I didn't notice the simplify filter until I saw the cropped version. Nice image :)

Steve Adkins
09-29-2010, 06:45 AM
Thanks Andrew, Paul, Kerry, denise and Artie for your time and vision! Artie, really appreciate the bird ID!