PDA

View Full Version : Scratchy Slate - Sulphur Bellied Warbler

Mital Patel
09-27-2010, 10:41 AM
This is really special frame for me. in fact this bird was highly wished since last two year to photograph which i've got to work on yesterday with just two frames it came in open and wow i gof a bit out focus and so high noisy image but thanks to the OOTB forum who opens the door to the frames you really dont like and though it can be useful in many ways.

The bird's position is not so correct but thats what nature and i got very quick two clicks in same manner before it vanished in dense bushes.

later today when i seen at bigger screen i felt it may be good idea to make an artwork and that too with my deep wish to work on DAP.

this is PS, Topaz Clean, Neat Image, DAP, Photoshop process to blend with original and DAP'ed image.
What i like in this image was to make a very rough look like made by scratching the paper with harsh coloured pencil's.

DAP is indeed a software that needs lots of experiment and patience and brain memory to remember how to achieve what you want and that too with no UNDO :)

feel free to write your valuable inputs.

Judy Howle
09-27-2010, 11:21 AM
I like the tones in the image, the scratchy texture and the frame. Well done!
Judy

Mital Patel
09-27-2010, 11:23 AM
btw this was made using DAP with no auto painting except paused it and had scratched for almost half an hour :) it was fun seems my mouse will need rapair service soon ....

denise ippolito
09-27-2010, 11:47 AM
Mital, Really nice look to the processing. I like this setting and have used it several times. I like to reveal some details w/ a layer mask which looks like what you did here with the eye. The BG looks fantastic. The diagonal perch is nice. I wish for a lightly better head turn but this is very nicely done.:)

Christopher Miller
09-28-2010, 07:34 PM
Lovely image, Mital. The scratchy effect is perfect, and I love the composition and frame. Very nicely done. :) HA could be better as Denise pointed out, but I actually don't really mind it.