PDA

View Full Version : Big Talbot Island Pano

AJ Witt
09-27-2010, 09:59 AM
Went to Big Talbot Island yesterday morning and captured this. Any feedback critical or complimentary is always welcome.

Shooting Info: f/22, 2 sec, ISO 320 w/ 2 ND filters (1 2 stop and 1 3 stop)

Roman Kurywczak
09-27-2010, 01:41 PM
Hey AJ,
The cool tone of the image adds a nice surreal mood to this. I like the way you got seperation in all the trunks. Not a huge fan of the tangle on the RH frame edge.....but looks like there was nothing you could do about that and having it in.....keep the sky window in as well as the protruding branch.....so very good call there. I might take off 1/2 to 2/3 of the space above the window....to more of a pano.....but overall......I think you did a very nice job!:cheers:

Dave Mills
09-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Hi AJ, Agree with Roman's points. The combination of the grads evened out the exposure nicely. I was looking at cropping out the tangle on the right and decide against it due to liking the area of beach.
The sky offers some drama in this well thought out composition....I like Roman's crop suggestion but I also like the OP...

Andrew McLachlan
09-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Hi AJ,

Love the blue tones in this one. I think you did well in picking and composing the panoramic view. Only thing I noticed, hope I am not being too picky, there is a very small tree branch tip on the RH side of image that could easily be cloned out.