PDA

View Full Version : Rouge River Bridge

Bill Randall
09-27-2010, 09:15 AM
ISO 2000, 24-70mm @ 70mm, f/11, 1/60
Shot this at a high ISO giving me lots of noise. I don't recalll my reasoning at the time, but now it makes no sense since I was using a tripod and could have used a lower ISO and a longer exposure.

Julie Kenward
09-27-2010, 08:40 PM
Bill, you're right, you've got a lot of noise here. That said, I think it's a lovely composition and worth trying to save. That might mean adding some special effect filters - making it look more like a sketch or a painting - that might give you a way to cover up all that noise. Another option would be to try a surface blur on all the water - that sometimes cuts back on the noise level in the water areas.

I especially like the starred lights shining through between the bridge sections. I might consider evicting the power lines & tower in the ULC of the BG - everything else seems to natural that those look a bit out of place.

Bill Dix
09-29-2010, 09:07 AM
Beautiful light and composition. Good self critique about the noise and high ISO. The newest versions of NR software [sometimes] do a pretty good job of preserving detail. I have had some (but inconsistent) success with Topaz DeNoise 5, adjusting the sliders to preserve detail and reduce blur. But better to get it right in the camera.