PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Blue#4- Last in the series

Bob Miller
09-25-2010, 08:39 PM
Nikon D-300
1/20 at f32
ISO 1250
90 mm Macro lense
Comments welcome! Composition? Sharpness?

Paul Lagasi
09-25-2010, 10:56 PM
Now this is a cool image..it would fit nicely in this weeks OOTB theme (Blue)...really like the fan design that radiats from the center...TFS

Ken Childs
09-26-2010, 07:56 AM
I love this color blue!

Bob, the colors, sharpness all look good. I think the center of the flower needs to be a little more to the left (ROT) so I would crop some from the left side and if you have it, add a bit to the right side. There are a few tiny white spots that should be cloned out and I'd consider cloning or painting over that one section of white that's below and separate from the rest of the center whites. The center could stand to be brought up a bit...just enough to get the whites looking white. A few tweaks will take this way over the top!

Dave Mills
09-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Hi Bob, nice image overall. I like the texture and color very much. Agree with Ken on the centers placement and feel the center should be a bit more left.
The star shaped pattern is a big plus. If you lighten the center be careful about blowing the whites in the small areas since I see some detail there...

Roman Kurywczak
09-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Hey Bob,
I'm with Ken on the placement.....but minor issue for super color and sweet light! My favorite of the series!

Steve Maxson
09-27-2010, 03:09 PM
Hi Bob. Very cool blues - again. You're getting your money's worth out of these flowers. I think Ken nailed the critique so I don't have anything new to add. Just a few tweaks to make this even better. :)

Anita Bower
09-28-2010, 05:01 AM
This blue is to die for! Good sharpness. I love those radiating shapes and lines. Some cropping as suggested by Ken will make this just excellent!

Bob Miller
09-28-2010, 07:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the helpful comments....Now time to move on to something else :D