PDA

View Full Version : Deep Blue Sea

Mark Fuge
09-25-2010, 02:13 PM
This image was taken on a sub tour in Kona Bay, Kona, Hawaii. The structure is a sunken modern sailboat that burned in the harbor and has been taken over by the reef fish.

Modifications in CS4 included; Curves, Topaz Adjust, Topaz Detail, Hue & Saturation, Vibrance & Saturation, Brightness & Contrast and other normal PS image adjustments.

Enjoy!

denise ippolito
09-25-2010, 02:59 PM
Mark, I like the day-glow look. It's an interesting scene and I think you framed it well. I'm not sure about the vignette. It looks natural in the LLC but maybe a smoother transition for the other edges? Nice image for the theme.
Anybody interested in a "red" theme???

Cheryl Slechta
09-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Mark, love the colors. I like the vignette - it feels like you're looking out of a porthole but maybe a little more on the bottom to make it more even?

Kerry Perkins
09-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Mark, I love the color and the different environment. I think the vignette is ok, maybe needs a bit more in the LRC. Denise, I was thinking about "red" as a theme today also. ;)

denise ippolito
09-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Red it is!:)

Paul Lagasi
09-25-2010, 10:30 PM
You've started something now, Mark....How's about a theme..anything goes as long as the image only has only one color.....:cool:

Image fits the them to a tee..

Mark Fuge
09-26-2010, 06:11 AM
Thanks all for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

The vignette is as shot. Not much really done to the image. I pano cropped it to eliminate the dead area on top. The vignette effect is probably do to the porthole and my 35-350mm lens. I didn't want to crop it more, as I didn't want to eliminate the best Angel fish image in the LRC, which is at the edge of the frame as shot.

Connie Mier
09-26-2010, 11:55 AM
Very cool, the blue gives it an eeriness to it.

Mark Fuge
10-06-2010, 08:21 AM
Thanks Connie for viewing and comments. Appreciate it.

Been away for a while and didn't see your response until now. Appreciate your viewing it.