PDA

View Full Version : Lower Rosseau Falls Panorama

Andrew McLachlan
09-24-2010, 06:23 PM

When I became a BPN member about a week ago, I introduced myself as mostly a landscaper, but have yet to post in the landscape forum. So I thought I better do so.

This image is of Lower Rosseau Falls on the Rosseau River in Ontario's Muskoka Region - famous for stunning fall color. Last year, when I shot this one, the colors were rather muted though, but this section of the river had enough colour across the scene to make it pleasing. I love the way the river goes around the large rock in the middle of the frame creating two cascades. This is one of my most favorite images from 2009.

A series of 8 vertical images were stitched to create this panoramic.

Nikon D200, 80-400 VR lens @ 80mm, f22 @ 0.8 sec., Nikon Polarizer

Hope you like it. Look forward to comments.

Andrew

Dave Mills
09-25-2010, 12:05 AM
Hi Andrew, I like this one!! Love the splashes of color and the detail in the water. Good, even lighting with a solid composition.
Nice detail everywhere else and well handled!!

Andrew McLachlan
09-25-2010, 09:22 AM
Hi Dave,

Thanks for comments, much appreciated.

Robert Amoruso
09-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Andrew,

Welcome to BPN and the Landscape Forum. I agree with Dave - great work on the stitching and the area you chose to pano presents a nice slice of the falls and colorful leaves. For example, I like that in the lower right you cropped both the vertical and horizontal corners into the edge and not at the water - similar on lower left.

Thanks for posting and looking forward to some more images.

Judy Howle
09-25-2010, 10:56 PM
That is a really lovely fall scene and one of the most spectacular falls I've ever seen with the big rock in the middle. Beautiful lighting and composition too. I'm looking forward to more of your landscapes.

Jeffrey Sipress
09-25-2010, 11:27 PM
Very pleasing image, Andrew. The water looks so good, not cottony. I wish I could see this printed big.

Andrew McLachlan
09-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks again to everyone for your kind words. Glad you like the image.

Roman Kurywczak
09-27-2010, 01:18 PM
Hey Andrew,
Just got home so a little late.....but welcome to the forum! Can't add much to the above so just wnated to add my congrats on a very nicely done image!:cheers:

Andrew McLachlan
09-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks Roman - much appreciate the comments