PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Blue #3

Bob Miller
09-24-2010, 06:22 PM
3rd in this series---can's stop shooting these guys.....I love the blue color:)

Nikon D-300
1/50 sec at f16
ISO1250
Comments welcome! Composition?

Dave Mills
09-25-2010, 12:14 AM
Hi Bob, this type of image is not an easy one to pull off but IMO you were successful. Beautiful soft light on the flowers which show them off well.
It's not always easy to get 2 flowers to work well in an image but in this case due to their facing in opposite directions make for an interesting composition.
While the green leaves could have been overpowering(or distracting) I feel they help frame the flowers, add environment and compliment the flowers.
Well done....

Ken Childs
09-25-2010, 01:22 PM
Hey Bob, I think Dave already hit all the positives about this image. The only change I might look at would be to bring up the shadowed areas of the bottom flower, just enough to show the edges.

I can see why you keep returning to these flowers. That blue is spectacular! :)

Julie Kenward
09-25-2010, 06:15 PM
Gorgeous blues! Wow! One other suggestion for you...try brightening just the whites at the center of the flowers so they pop just a tiny bit more. Against the greens the blues steal the show but a bit more contrast with the whites might just take this to a whole other level.

Bob Miller
09-25-2010, 08:31 PM
Thanks for the comments! I think I will post one more in the series before moving on
Julie...Thanks for the idea of brightening the whites!

Roman Kurywczak
09-27-2010, 12:59 PM
Hey Bob,
Glad to see you are getting some great advice above! Can't add much but this series is very nice and looking forward to the next one!

Anita Bower
09-28-2010, 05:21 AM
I hope you continue to take lots of photos of these gorgeous flowers! The blue and green are stunning. I agree with Dave's comments about the composition. I'm wondering if adding a bit of darkness at the bottom, especially the corners, to match the darkness at the top and keep the focus on the center. I would also clone the little bits of damage on that one central leaf, and a few other places in the image. I like this image a lot, in part because of the wonderful composition, and the flowers and leaves emerging from the darkness.

Jeffrey Sipress
09-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Can't say I've ever seen this blue. Really nice and new to me.