PDA

View Full Version : Tickelle's Blue Flycacher

Mital Patel
09-24-2010, 06:45 AM
Did some toning and touchup in PS applied the topaz clean.
taken out from photoshop to Fotosketcher and applied oil effect and multiply with bg.
taken back in to photoshop and merge with the first effect to the fotosketcher with transperency..

denise ippolito
09-24-2010, 07:06 AM
Mital, I added the prefix "weekly theme" as this is eligible for our contest. I like the sharp looking details that the Clean filter added. The fotosketcher oil painted BG is lovely. Nice comp. colors and pose. Well done.:)

Mital Patel
09-24-2010, 07:07 AM
thanks denise. yet to discover the DAP as trying since morning but failed :)

Steve Adkins
09-24-2010, 07:10 AM
Masterful! Thanks for sharing your steps in the process. Wonderful details, colors and the oil effect/brush strokes are awesome. :)

denise ippolito
09-24-2010, 07:16 AM
thanks denise. yet to discover the DAP as trying since morning but failed :)

DAP (http://www.mediachance.com/dap/index.html)
Dynamic Auto Painter- You can download a free trial. Be sure to add some canvas before you start so you can crop off the logo it will add to the bottom.

Mital Patel
09-24-2010, 07:20 AM
denise sorry i wrote something that lead you wront. I mean to say i have DAP using since week but failed to achive as it takes too much time to show how it'll look. and also today trying lots of things since morning but failed so looking after some template which can guide me or a good understaing guide on how to build sketches or watercolor effect.. i now there templates but they are really not exatly giving me what i want or i am doing something wrong.

denise ippolito
09-24-2010, 07:40 AM
Mital, The program does take a while. I stop it when it gives me the look I want. I usually like the Benson look and after the program runs I bring the finished image and the original image that I started with into photoshop(since I have a stand alone program-not sure if they are all still stand alone programs) stack them and add a layer mask. Then w/ a low opacity soft brush I mask back in some detail to the subject mostly. It is a lot of experimenting. I really don't like the watercolor effect they have it appears too blotchy to me. Hope that helps.

Mark Fuge
09-24-2010, 10:05 AM
Nice image and application, Mital.

Very nice effects. Well done! :cheers:

Dan Brown
09-24-2010, 10:41 AM
A fine work of art Mital! Love the smooth detail in the head!

Paul Lagasi
09-24-2010, 09:01 PM
I like the look of this ... wow.. this is a wall hanger

Cheryl Slechta
09-25-2010, 10:27 AM
Beautiful work of Art, Mital. I love the colors, the bg treatment and the composition. This must have been a super base image:)

Kerry Perkins
09-25-2010, 12:13 PM
Very nice combination of effects Mital. You are developing a unique style with the clean filter and the oil painting brush strokes. Good show!

DAP will certainly teach you about patience. :cool: It is definitely a slow process but you can achieve some very nice results with it. I might suggest starting with the "realism" preset and set it up to use the dry brush. You really need to let it run for a while and see what it can do. You can get some very nice effects with several of the presets, and I mostly use the "realism", "Benson", "Cezanne", "Aquarell" and "Camille". It takes some experimentation and waiting, but the results can be quite nice.

Mital Patel
09-25-2010, 12:18 PM
thanks kerry. i'll sure give it try on monday morning to play around with the plugin