PDA

View Full Version : 'Beauty' - The elegant Leopard

Steve Kaluski
09-24-2010, 03:01 AM
With the dialogue I recently had with Grant, plus his posting of Legadima, I thought I would share another image of my favourite Leopard, Beauty. I swear she knew what we both were thinking at times. Sadly I understand from Grant she has not been seen for quite some time. This was from a series of shots I took of her when she came to say goodbye, 20 minutes of full on, one to one which I will never forget.

Steve
MKIII 500f/4 f/5.6 1/2500 ISO400 (HH,FF)

Harshad Barve
09-24-2010, 04:21 AM
Thats a one super cat image Steve , Love the eye contact here , excellent
TFS

Grant Atkinson
09-24-2010, 05:36 AM
Hi Steve, really think this is a strong shot. Liked the alert posture, eye contact and strong contrast between colour of the cat and the blue BG. Also liked contrast between blocky tree trunks and spots on the cat. I find it hard to get good pics of leopards in trees but you have succeeded in catching her in a really good position and pose. Also looks as if you have dealt with the shadows on her face and eye/s really well.
TFS
Grant

Robert Amoruso
09-24-2010, 06:46 AM
The strong light amped up the graphic qualities of this image.

Rachel Hollander
09-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Steve - Beauty is a very appropriate name. Love the direct look, although it almost feels like she is considering pouncing on you. Agree with others that beautiful blue sky adds to this image and makes it stronger.

TFS,
Rachel

Hal Everett
09-26-2010, 11:48 PM
Wonderful image, and one of the best cat poses I have seen.

Andrew McLachlan
09-29-2010, 04:37 PM
Hey Steve,

Great shot! Truly a beautiful animal.