PDA

View Full Version : Selous Game Reserve Black Rhino 2 !

Ken Watkins
09-24-2010, 02:16 AM
Here is a further shot from the same sighting as yesterday.

EOS 1D MkIII

28-300mm at 170mm resting on roof of pop up.

F9, ISO 400, 1/125

Panic is my excuse for settings:D

Harshad Barve
09-24-2010, 02:27 AM
This is better , yet another excellent image , Loving that tail and grass in mouth
TFS

Robert Amoruso
09-24-2010, 06:42 AM
Ken,

Mind if I use "Panic is my excuse for settings." ;)

I would crop this some more from the top - too me that strengthens the presence of the rhino in the image. Great light. I like the grass in the mouth and the cute tail curl.

Rachel Hollander
09-24-2010, 07:50 AM
Ken - love the light and the way he appears to be strutting. The grass in the mouth almost looks like he is smoking. He's young but still seems to have lots of scars.

TFS,
Rachel

Arthur Morris
09-24-2010, 06:52 PM
For me, this is superb. I love the raised foot, the mouthful, the soft light, and the SH. I am fine with the framing as is. Even the dead branch on the ground adds to the image. Well done and way to go.

Ken Watkins
09-25-2010, 01:13 AM
Thanks for all of the kind comments, this sighting was such a shock to us and our guide.Black Rhinos are extremely rare in Tanzania and rarer still in Selous the estimated population in the extremely large photographic area is 20.

In reality I just wanted to get some "record" shots for the Wildlife people, rather than tecnically good images. I am happy that a few have resulted in very pleasing images.

Just to prove the "luck" element of this soghting, I missed the first Cheetah sighting on Rhino Island, Zimbabwe in nearly 20 years by one day. Next time:D