PDA

View Full Version : Nuthatch II

Willem Verboom
09-23-2010, 05:13 PM
This is my second post of this bird I hope this one is a little bite better than the first one

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x15/vmotion/Boomklever.jpg

Canon 1d3 500 mm 1/125 f5.6 -2/3 iso 800

Greetz Willem

Andrew Merwin
09-23-2010, 05:56 PM
I like the perch. You may want to remove the white spot below the left foot. I also like that the feet are visible. The BG is great. It is fairly uniform, a pleasing color & the nuthatch pops out of the BG. The nuthatch is sharp & well exposed with good detail to my eye. I also like the HA & the perspective.

Reza Gorji
09-23-2010, 09:21 PM
This is a beautiful picture of the Nuthatch. Very sharp, great dof. The white spot does not concern me. I love the eye contact with the bird.

Joerg Rockenberger
09-23-2010, 10:30 PM
I do think it's a great image. Not sure why it is not attracting more attention...

The sharpness especially at your shutter speed is fantastic. Exposure, composition and background look great. Pose is perfect IMO. The perch is not too overbearing despite somewhat large though it distracts me a bit as there is so much detail in the wood by itself attracting attention. Perhaps it could be a bit brighter.

Congrats. JR

Sidharth Kodikal
09-23-2010, 11:17 PM
I love how clean this composition is. The pose, the bg and the sharpness are simply superb.
There seems to be some artifact below the tail, touching the perch?
Lovely capture.

Michael Hogan
09-24-2010, 02:31 AM
Willem, lovely shot. The DOF is great, all of the bird and branch are sharp. Love the BG, it makes the Nutchatch jump off the screen. Eye contact is fabulous. Don't think there is anything I can say to improve it. I would play a bit with crops to see if they make any difference - try it with the beak pointing into the top left corner. This would mean adding a bit to the top (if you have it) and bringing the left hand side in a bit. Don't know if that would work but it's good to experiment.

Great shot and TFS

Michael

colincarter
09-24-2010, 06:19 AM
great shot. the bird is on a very natural perch against a superb diffused background. Great Depth of field, excellent sharpness, love the head angle and eye contact.

well caught

Reza Gorji
09-24-2010, 08:07 AM
Indeed its a very natural pose for this Red-Breasted Nuthatch. As we know, the nuthatches are usually seen on tree trunks or limbs often in climbing sideways or in a head down position.