PDA

View Full Version : Birds in Habitat - Juv. Stonechat

Richard Stern
09-23-2010, 04:29 PM
This juv. Stonechat (I think!) seemed very happy hanging around the blackberry bushes at the edge of Dawlish Warren golf course, Devon, England 2 weeks ago.

D300, 300 F4 AF-S, 1.4TC, hand-held.

1/640, f6.3, ISO800.

Selective sharpening, and nr on the bg.

Richard

Ben_Sadd
09-23-2010, 04:47 PM
I think you ID is good.

The bird looks great in terms of sharpness, exposure and other techs. I wonder about the HA, but I am not sure. I will leave that call to someone with more experience on that.

I would like to see a crop from the bottom taking out most of the oof blackberries to the left. I find this big oof clump a little distracting.

The early autumn english brambles here make me a little home sick.

Scott Frye
09-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Nice background and the techs look good but the bird is a bit centered. I agree with taking out the OOF berries at the bottom and I would take some off the right to bring the bird off center

Arthur Morris
09-23-2010, 06:01 PM
For this pose, the head angle looks fine to me. Just a bit more towards us or, looking right down the lens barrel would work also. SH with a good EXP and I like all the berries.

Addressing several of the concerns above is the repost. Richard. Thanks a ton for your supportive post on THE THREAD; it was greatly appreciated.

Paul Randall
09-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Upright pose suits the vertical format well. HA, sharpness, exposure, colours...all look great to me. Well done;)

Joerg Rockenberger
09-23-2010, 10:38 PM
I like Artie's repost - perhaps a bit tighter from the bottom would be my preference. Surprised no one has mentioned the funky "bokeh" / noise to the left and right of the birds lower midsection...

Sharpness and exposure look great. JR

john jackson
09-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Hi Richard

You got the ID correct.