PDA

View Full Version : Help Me

Jeff Wear
03-10-2008, 08:56 PM
HELP ME shot with d200 500mm f7.1 1/1250 -.3 ev The smaller gull was hurt but it was the right wing and I think it was done by trying to get back up .I only got the 1 frame and it was over

Fabs Forns
03-10-2008, 10:40 PM
So what happened? The injured bird flew away?

Not the best light angle and wish you had gotten the whole bird on top.

Please share the rest of the story :)

Jeff Wear
03-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Thanks Fabs and I am sorry I should not post a picture of this type here .It is unfair to ask for a critique of action shot that you cannot predict or set up for this was a second in time that I got 1/100 of . So to get better lighting ,the eye of the top gull etc. that is impossible .Egrets and herons catching fish and doing flips you can set for up to a degree . The larger gull wanted the dead fish the gull that is down had. After the knocking down and jumping on they both got up and walked away from the fish??? .The next day I saw the small gull on the ground and could see by the way the wing way being held that it was hurt but the rangers would not catch the gull so life goes on . I like the shot for the despair the smaller gull conveys and the threat the upper gull is. Thanks and again sorry this is not a picture I should post in this type of forum my mistake. Thanks Fabs

Fabs Forns
03-11-2008, 04:38 PM
I think it was OK to post it here. Critiquing aspects of a picture that could improve it, serves educational purposes. We all have images like that, not in our control, but they still have a meaning. I am sorry for the gull and hope he/she can fly again, or at least, not suffer long.
Sorry my comment made you take it out.

Blake Shadle
03-12-2008, 09:54 AM
:confused::confused: Did I miss something? Action images are great... where'd the photo go? I'd really like to see it, Jeff.