PDA

View Full Version : Another Sandhill Crane sequence

Fred J. Lord
01-03-2008, 06:26 PM
I actually shot this and assembled it in November, 2006. My question is: Should I remove the cranes in the foreground? What are your opinions on this modification? I know some abhor altering images while others go about it with enthusiasm.

Thanks for your time and expertise in this.

Well, again I am being denied the full 1024px width allowance for panoramic images. I am posting it at 800px but that is probably a waste of time for an image of this sort. I will repost at the proper size when the problem (whether mine or theirs) is resolved.

Fred

Maxis Gamez
01-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Hello Fred.

To answer your question.... yes! get them out of the way of the landing Crane. This is awesome!

Fred J. Lord
01-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks: I had sent this to Art Morris and he said the same thing. I will work on it tomorrow if it's too cold to ski.

Fred

D. Robert Franz
01-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Great sequence and I concur on getting rid or the FG cranes.....

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 12:44 PM
Fred,

Yes on removing the two FG cranes. The posting limit was temporarily lowered as we where not able to give the Pano forum the longer posting limit w/o it being applied to all the other forums. That will be corrected and the posting limit increased. Even at 800p wide it looks real nice.

Fred J. Lord
01-04-2008, 05:42 PM
Well, here it is with the FG birds deleted. This, incidentally, was shot at 3 fps with the 1D Mark II, 500mm f/4 + 1.4X TC II on a Gitzo 1325 with 1st generation Wimberley head. You most probably recognize the Flight Deck impoundment area in Bosqué del Apache. The sun was about 15 minutes from setting.