PDA

View Full Version : Rose

Jay Sheinfield
09-22-2010, 05:20 PM
Darkened the BG and still working on the black areas................small leaf clone.

Still seeing a bit darker posting than on my screen.

Nikon D3
1/15 sec/F32
ISO 200

Comments welcome............

Ken Childs
09-22-2010, 05:35 PM
Jay, the brightness looks fine on my monitor. I love the colors as they are but I think I would have preferred a view just from a bit higher up, looking down on the flower.

Dave Woeller
09-22-2010, 08:34 PM
I feel the brightness and colors of the rose are fine on my monitor also. I'm curious as to whether the stem looks as dark on your original as on the posted image. Beautiful exposure and composition. I would like to see this flower from a bit higher up also.

Roman Kurywczak
09-23-2010, 09:18 AM
Hey Jay,
Excellent advice given above and I agree with the above suggestions. Colors look fine on my end too. I do think Dave was onto something about lightening the stem just a touch.....that will give a nice base to the bloom and improve this angle IMO. You handled this pretty well overall.

Mike Moats
09-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Hey Jay, color looks fine, agree on lighting the stem.

Jay Sheinfield
09-24-2010, 03:22 AM
Hi Folks,

Thanks for the feedback. Will do as suggested, unfortunately can't change the view angle.

jay

Bob Miller
09-24-2010, 06:41 PM
Lovely colors....only need the stem to keep it from floating:)

Julie Kenward
09-25-2010, 08:56 PM
I think another option would be to keep the angle you have but tilt it a bit CW so the sides angled more toward the ULC and LRC. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more stem at the bottom, moving the bud further up in the frame.

Colors are rich and not oversaturated. Very clear details and a beautiful image overall.