PDA

View Full Version : Blue

Cheryl Slechta
09-22-2010, 01:28 PM
I don't have much time this week but found an image I'd cropped and kept of the water on
Lake Wauberg where I take a lot of bird photos in the winter. I liked the reflections of the
shore grasses on the water but especially liked the tones of blue. I used slight Topaz Adjust Venice and Nik Reflector effects to warm it up.

Thanks for looking. C&C welcome:)

Myer Bornstein
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Cherylsomething missing, but am not sure what it is. The picture does not turn me on. Sorry my opinion

denise ippolito
09-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Cheryl, I like the blue tones also and sometimes we can find some interesting patters in the water. I see what looks like noise in some of the darker areas. The OOF wavelet in the FG is distracting to me.:)

Cheryl Slechta
09-22-2010, 05:31 PM
Myer and Denise, thanks for viewing and your comments:)

Paul Lagasi
09-22-2010, 07:06 PM
The theme is blue and this is blue....like the blue and gold colors, but a blue duck would pop this one :o ..thanks for sharing

Kerry Perkins
09-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Cheryl, blue it is and I like the nice sky in the water. I do agree that it could use an element or a treatment to add visual interest. Have you tried Simplify or Detail? I think going more toward the abstract would help this one.

Indranil Sircar
09-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Hi Cheryl, I like this as an abstract. I can almost feel the waves. As a blue theme, this works.

Mark Fuge
09-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I have to agree with the group on this Cheryl. While it has some interest, it lacks something strong for a subject or even abstraction.

Maybe a Sphere, Twist or Polar/Rec filter would make it happen.

But ... as they say. ;) :D

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-23-2010, 02:13 PM
Cheryl,

Greetings. Well, I kinda like it (and have taken a similar approach on occasion). I like the color contrast. The problem that I've struggled with is the dof which puts the fg & bg out of focus. A TS lens is on my want-to-buy list for just this purpose (among others). Otherwise, I think the in focus center requires a stronger subject/focal point unless completely abstract.

Thanks for posting...

Cheers,

-Michael-

Cheryl Slechta
09-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Michael - I think you've hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the insight - I intellectually knew it had both fg and bg that were oof but somehow it didn't translate into "this has something wrong with it":2eyes2: (I liked the colors - that's my reason for being blind to the other problems:)).

Michael Gerald-Yamasaki
09-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Michael - I think you've hit the nail on the head. Thanks for the insight - I intellectually knew it had both fg and bg that were oof but somehow it didn't translate into "this has something wrong with it":2eyes2: (I liked the colors - that's my reason for being blind to the other problems:)).

One thing you might consider is a pano crop (one of the thinks that I do ;) )...

Cheers,

-Michael-