here is another take on these Morning glories:2eyes2:
Nikon D-300
1/40 f10
ISO800
180 macro
All comments welcome! Composition?

Kaushik Balakumar
09-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Another interesting composition. Seems nice except for the stem running in-between.
Between the two, I guess I prefer the "Heavenly Blue #1" over this.

Roman Kurywczak
09-22-2010, 04:41 PM
Hey Bob,
If I understand correctly......these are yours?........I'm withh Kaushik on the assesment......light is fantastic but the stem takes it down a notch. Do a little clean up or pruning since it is yours.....and this one will be off the charts! I think if you go vert....keep the 1 leaf below and about half of the one on the right....you will knock this one out of the park. Colors are great.....so worth working this one for all it's worth.

Ken Childs
09-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Bob, a vertical would definitely be the way to go with this one. The colors look great but the right 1/2+ doesn't seem necessary.

It's up to you to get the perfect shot of these flowers. I just finished burning up the patch I had of these darker blue ones. :)

Bob Miller
09-22-2010, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the comments!
Roman.......I see what you mean about the stem needing cleaning up. I plan on cropping some off the right but I don't think a vertical is in the cards! Thanks for the kind words.:cheers:
Ken.....Burning up flowers!?!? I hope thy are not Heavenly Blue Cultivars with flowers the size of teacup openings:p

Ken Childs
09-22-2010, 08:21 PM
They looked pretty much the same as what you posted. They somehow got established in my fire pit and today was fallen branch burning day. :D

Don Hamilton Jr.
09-23-2010, 06:30 PM
Bob, great capture, just soft beautiful! The cleanup is taking ya over the top... congrats! Really love the blue.. it's riveting !:cheers:
Don