PDA

View Full Version : Another Cuban Iguana

Andrew McLachlan
09-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks to those who commented on my previous Cuban Iguana photo. I thought I would post another one - a much tighter crop of a large male. Some cloud cover improved the lighting for this one. This image was shot with a 105mm micro lens set to f11 @ 1/80 sec. ISO 200.

Look forward to comments.
Andrew

Steve Kaluski
09-22-2010, 02:12 AM
I might just add a fraction more room on the rhs here Andrew, for me, it's just a tad tight. I would also watch your SS, I would suggest increasing your ISO in situations like this. Have you tried using longer lenses like a 300 to shoot these rather that using a macro and getting close in?

Robert Amoruso
09-22-2010, 07:09 AM
Andrew, You did not mention the camera model - please do so in the future - as that has a bearing on a recommendation regarding ISO.

I agree with Steve, I higher ISO could have been used to advantage for either more shutter speed or more DOF. I also agree more room on the RHS is needed. You are perfectly right that the softer light makes this one much improved over the previous posts situation.

Thanks for posting and looking forward to more images from your trip.

Andrew McLachlan
09-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Thanks for the comments Robert and Steve. Sorry, should have mentioned these Iguanas were shot with a Nikon D70 about 6 years ago (I now shoot with a D200 which limits my ISO selections - time for upgrade soon). If memory serves correct, I believe this specimen was on the rocky shoreline very close to the ocean, hence the macro lens for this shot. I should have mentioned that in original post also. I'll try adding some canvas to RHS and should probably add a touch to the top to keep everything proportional too I presume?

Thanks again
Andrew