PDA

View Full Version : Heavenly Blue #1

Bob Miller
09-20-2010, 10:29 PM
Grew these Heavenly Blue Morning Glories and just had to photograph them when i saw the heavely blues
Nikon D-300
1/8 sec at f16
ISo250
Tamron 90 mm Macro
Comments welcome!

Ken Childs
09-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Bob, the comp looks good but the lighting seems backwards. IMO, the flower needs to be brightened up and the leaves need to be toned down. Here's a quick edit using Viveza to show what I mean.

I have a love/hate relationship with Morning Glories. The flowers can be such a great shade of blue but they are horribly invasive. I've never planted any but they are showing up all over my property and have a habit of choking out things that I want to grow.

Roman Kurywczak
09-21-2010, 04:49 PM
Hey Bob,
I love that variety of morning glory!!! I think the blue of the OP is right on on my monitor.....but have to agree with Ken on the light.....seems off. Perhaps darkening just the FG foilage? For me the image strength is the bloom.....the darkness....and just some of the foilage! Getting tighter with perhaps just the LH leaf?........comp wise I think you need to work this one but for me the colors look spot on! Hope you get another whack at this beauty!

Bob Miller
09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Thanks for the comments! I plan on darkening the leaves a bit and trying some different compositions...waiting for some soft light right now!:)

Steve Maxson
09-22-2010, 01:41 PM
Hi Bob. Love the blue on that flower! I like Ken's lightening of the flower, but I'm not so sure about the darkened leaves - a matter of taste, I expect. :) You might tweak the crop, if you have room, so that you aren't clipping the edge of the leaf on the right or the tip of the leaf on the left.

Kaushik Balakumar
09-22-2010, 01:53 PM
Loved the composition. I share Ken's thoughts on lighting.